Sunday, November 23, 2003

November 23, 2003

     Oh my!  The busy times we have been having!  ZoraLin has brought us great joy, we have moved to Texas, Zora started to walk the same time we moved and Rae has given up sucking her thumb and just the past two weeks is Potty trained!!

     Another child has always been in my heart.  Actually, I could add several kids to our home!  However, the pull for another child from China has been very strong for me.

     September 6th Mark, the girls and I attended Culture Day in Dallas.  As we were looking at all the info there that day, we met Brenda Eckols from Adoption-A Give of Love Adoption agency from Denton, TX.  AGOL also brings children to the USA to have surgeries.  One child's picture jumped off the board at us.  I didn't care what her special need was.  She is beautiful!  We talked to Brenda, found out about being a host family and told her we were very interested in hosting Chun Lian.

     On October 3rd I called Brenda to remind her that we were anxious to host this child.  We sent Brenda a copy of our home study.  Chun Lian was supposed to be here November 10th.  We then found out that her file is with an agency in Washington.  Her file needs to be returned to China so she can come for her surgery through AGOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment